Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy World Go Vegan Day!

November 1 is World Go Vegan day and, as a vegan, I'm here to represent!

As a vegan, I exclude from my life animal products, including meat, dairy, eggs, honey, leather, wool, silk  to the best of my abilities. I am not perfect. I am not here to judge your personal decisions.

I am vegan because when given a choice between causing unnecessary suffering and making a compassionate decision, I believe it is a moral imperative to choose the latter. I believe not taking the life of another living being or taking their by-products, like milk or eggs, when I don't need to is the kindest decision to make. And I get enough B-12, thanks very much!

A cow like Sadie and a calf like Murphy inspired me to go vegan. Sadie and Murphy are alive at the sanctuary where I work - the cow and calf who inspired me are dead. I am forever making up for their deaths. So if you can reduce or eliminate some or all animal products in your life, good on you! In the United States, at least, including in less vegan-friendly places like northern California, it is not overwhelmingly difficult to be vegan. And if you have a Pit Bull, well, then you're already used to the snarktastic responses, you're thick-skinned enough to handle the pitiful and silly vegan jokes! Truth!
Sadie, Murphy, Freedom

No comments: