Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting Older



Excuse me, I may be spending more time this year blogging about Mina. She has graced me with her presence for ten years, and I am hoping for at least five more. I just want to capture all of her moments. Like right now. She has her butt wedged against my side. This is not uncommon. Her back paws are draped over her front paws. Also not abnormal. She is sound asleep, in her own subconscious. I am using every ounce of strength to not lean over and contour myself to her.

Mina turned 13 last November. Thirteen! I can't believe I missed out on the first three years of her life. When I see a Pit Bull puppy with a patch on her eye, I swoon. I imagine Mina was cuter. I narrowly avoided being killed by her adorable 8-week-old face, her perfect romp at 9-mos-old, her awkward self at 1-yrs-old.

I'm not the only one to notice their beloved pup pals getting older.

Luce is getting older too. I love her big red face and those perfectly devilish ears.


Mr. B and Miss M. are becoming the best of real live "velveteen rabbits".

It is nice to know me and Mina are in such good company. I wish all of our beloved companion dogs many more years of zest, laziness, and joy.

No comments: