Thursday, April 11, 2013

De-Extinction?

There may come a time - in my lifetime - that individuals from extinct species may be brought back into existence.

I would like to meet an auroch, because they are the ancestors of cows. And cows are the best.

But I get to meet cows, so it's sort of the same thing.

I'm not really serious about reviving the auroch. I find the whole concept horrifying. Our planet is over-run by humans with dwindling resources and even more diminishing habitats. The idea of bringing back extinct nonhumans for "wonder" seems, well, like a dumb reason.

Sure, we have caused the extinction of so many species. It would be great to undo that harm. I think that's only possible if humans aren't around to screw things up, though.

But you can draw your own conclusions.

No comments: